Arrival by car
Those travelling by car will find us easily. From the Munich-Vienna highway A1, get off the exit Salzburg-Nord, direction to Salzburg. Automatically you will get to Vogelweiderstraße, where you turn left at the crossing with Breitenfelderstraße. The Cityvilla is on the right side after about 50 m.
Pension Elisabeth has a limited number of parking spots and shares them with apartment residents free of charge, but they cannot be reserved. Right in front of the apartment building there is a short-term parking zone. It is free of charge, but parking is limited to three hours during the day (put a parking disc in your front window). From 7pm to 9am and on weekends (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) there are no limits, which means only the time between noon and 4pm on weekdays is uncertain. Usually it is easy to find a place for the car – we will gladly explain at the reception.
Arrival from main station by foot
We can be reached from the train station in ten minutes on foot.
- Having arrived in Salzburg, do NOT walk out of the train station though the main hall (so NOT towards “Südtiroler Platz”). Instead, please follow the signs pointing to “Schallmoos”, leading you through the underground passage and to the East exit of the train station.
- At the end of the underground passage please use the stairs to the left (of course you may also use the elevator), leading to the street named “Lastenstraße”.
- Please cross the street, walk a few meters to the left and then turn right, into the car park of a 6-storied apartment building in pale red.
- Please cross the parking lot (past the barrier for cars). After the parking lot, please cross the street and follow the street straight ahead named “Breitenfelderstraße”.
- You will arrive at another small crossing. Please continue straight ahead, still following “Breitenfelderstraße”, past the “Bikepalast” bike shop and “Norma” supermarket. At the next crossing with traffic lights you continue straight ahead.!
- To make the pedestrian light turn green, please push the button.
- After about 50 m you find us on the right side!
Arrival from main station by bus
Taking a bus from the train station to Pension Elisabeth is a bit more complicated than walking and takes about 30 minutes. Here are the directions: Exit the station through the main hall, following the signs pointing to “Südtiroler Platz”. You arrive at a square with many bus stops. On the left side of the square you find bus terminal B and C. There are the stops for all busses which bring you to the city centre (buses number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 25). You can take any of these busses and in any case get off at the third stop (“Mirabellplatz”). If you took bus number 1, 3, 5, 6 or 25 you have to cross the street at Mirabellplatz, to arrive at the shop named “Gollhofer”, at the angle of the street “Paris-Lodron-Straße”. There is the bus stop for busses number 2, 4, 21 and 22. If you took bus number 2 from the train station and got off at Mirabellplatz, you will be at the correct stop already. From this stop in front of the shop “Gollhofer” you have to take bus number 21. Get off at the fifth stop, “Breitenfelderstrasse”. When you get off the bus, you cross the crossroads with the traffic lights (30 meters), and after further 50 m you will find us on the right side!
A taxi ride from the train station to the Cityvilla will cost about 10 Euro, depending on the traffic. You will find several taxis waiting in front of the train station on “Südtiroler Platz” at all times, next to the rightmost exit of the main hall.
Arrival from the airport
Buy a bus ticket at the tobacconist inside the airport (at terminal 1, at the hall with the check-in counters). Take bus number 2. The bus stop is in front of the main entrance of the airport, the display on the front of the bus says “2” and “Obergnigl”.
1) Either you stay in bus number 2 until the stop “Vogelweiderstrasse”, get off and walk from there to us (about 7 minutes). When you leave the bus you have to walk back a few meters to the last traffic light the bus has passed. At this crossing you have to turn right. Just follow the street until the next traffic light, then turn right and walk another 50 m. You will find us on the right side.
2) Or you change the bus in the centre at the stop “Mirabellplatz” and take bus 21 from the same stop. The 21 bus brings you directly to us. Stop “Breitenfelderstrasse”. We are 50 m from the crossing with traffic lights. Maybe at night it is hard to change the bus without a long waiting time (during the day just a few minutes). The total travel time would be about 40-50 minutes.
Connection to the old town
It takes about half an hour to the old town by foot. By bus or by car the city center is reachable within 10 minutes.
Within 15 minutes by foot you can get to the pedestrian area of the ‘right old town’ including the must-see ‘Linzergasse’. It ends with the ‘Platzl’ called square at the bridge ‘Staatsbrücke’ which connects the right and the left old town. It takes another 15 minutes to reach the center of the right part (i.e. the cathedral).
The bus ride to the center takes about 10 minutes, the bus stop is opposite to Pension Elisabeth about 30 m away.
On weekdays this bus (nr. 21) runs every 15 minutes, in the evening and during the weekend every 30 minutes till about 11 p.m.
The ride to the center by car takes about 5 to 15 minutes. As the whole old town is a pedestrian area, you’re well advised to park at garages (for an hourly fee) or at the short-term parking zones at the edge of the old town.
There are price-worthy 24 hour tickets for all means of public transport. These tickets are cheapest if you buy them at the small tobacconists, or at Pension Elisabeth. If you buy them on the bus they are much more expensive.
At the tobacconists there are also single-tickets (available at packages of 5), weekly and monthly tickets as well as family and group tickets. ticket overview
There is a tobacconist near to the Cityvilla (opening hours: 6 – 12 am and 2.30 – 6 pm, 7-12 am on Saturdays), as well as another three at the main station (with longer opening hours) and one at the airport.
If you buy a package of 5 single-tickets, but need less, you can sell the remaining tickets at the reception of Pension Elisabeth for the same price.
Alternatively you can buy a SalzburgCard, which grants you free entry to most sights and museums as well as the use of public transport during the period of validity (24, 48 or 72 hours). The SalzburgCard can be bought at the reception.
The airport, the fair grounds and the shopping center ‘Europark’ are reachable via the motorway within a few minutes. Via the Vogelweiderstraße you can arrive at the fashion wholesale center (MGC) within a few minutes too.
You can also go to the fair grounds by a shuttle bus, which departs at the main station.
Events and congresses
Numerous seminar locations are close to the apartments: Hotel Mercure (5 min), WIFI (Wirtschaftsförderungsinstitut) (10 min), Hotel Renaissance (15 min), Kongresshaus (15 min).